[OM] Olympus binoculars - I wish

Subject: [OM] Olympus binoculars - I wish
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:48:11 -0500
Took delivery today of a pair of Bausch & Lomb Elite 8x42 binoculars -
$700 with shipping - for my wife.  Magnificent glass! Side by side
comparison to my old Pentax PCF, well, I threw the Pentaxes as far as I
could...Then we went out and found a pair of ladderback woodpeckers to
break them in on.

This isn't to start an off-subject discussion of the relative merits of
B&L, Swarovsky, Leica, etc.  It is just a lament: isn't it too bad I
couldn't buy such an instrument with the Olympus name on it?

By the way, the Bausch & Lomb name is licensed by Bushnell and the
binoculars were built in Japan - for all I know, Olympus DID build them to
Bushnell's spec....

Gary Edwards