Re: [OM] Cleaning focussing screen.

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning focussing screen.
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:02:41 +0000
As a few have suggested, dishwashing detergent  and water, rubbing with a
finger
with rinsing with distilled water is one approach.

Another you could consider is to get it ultrasonicly cleaned in a water
detergent
mix. Some Jewellers have ultrasonic cleaners and might do it for you.  This
would be
my preferred approach.  SOme people have cautioned about such cleaners as some
industrial strength models  are powerful enough to etch metal but I have a less
powerful one myself and would have no hesitation to clean my screen in it.  I
doubt
those used by jewellers would be powerful enough to damage a screen.

Giles