Re: [OM] cleaning screens; IS-30 thoughts; lens tests

Subject: Re: [OM] cleaning screens; IS-30 thoughts; lens tests
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:07:49 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: den 17 april 1999 16:06
Subject: [OM] cleaning screens; IS-30 thoughts; lens tests

> Last night I ran a roll of film through the new IS-30. "Quicker and
quieter" was
> my first reaction. The camera opens and closes faster, with less
"grinding."
> Autofocus is slightly faster, with less hunting (especially in low
light). The
> very noticeable "ka-thunk" when the shutter goes off is gone.
Completely.

Thanks William for these continued reports on the progress with your
new IS-30. I'm saving all of this since I'm interested in the camera
myself. Nice to see that operation apparently is much smoother with
the new model. There are of course many differences between the
smaller IS-10/20/30 models and the larger IS-1/2/3. One major
difference that I've noticed is that on the larger models the zoom
buttons are positioned on the left side (to be operated by your left
fingers), while on the smaller models they are positioned at the back
to be operated by your right thumb. This is much in the same way as
how the power focus is operated on the OM-88/101. I imagine that
zooming and shooting is somewhat faster on the larger IS's when you
don't have to do it all with the same hand. Is this a drawback with
the smaller IS's? Anyone that have used both the smaller and the
larger IS cameras and could tell us which one is the best in this
respect?

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden