Re: [OM] Tamron SP 35-105/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron SP 35-105/2.8
From: "Glen Lowry" <lowry@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 13:33:12 -0700
Gary,

Thanks for the feedback on this lens.  And while I tend to agree that I can
get by without this lens or that a slower zoom would work equally well, I
like using it--in spite of its shortcomings.

I will probably return this lens on Monday, but for some (mostly irrational)
reason, I would like to keep it.  I would like this lens to work well.  I
find that the focal lengths and the speed make it good to work
with--especially for portraits and groups which is what I want it to do.  I
have faster, sharper fixed focal length equivalents throughout this range,
but I'm looking for something a bit more automatic to use with my OM2n,
winder (and flash). I find that anything slower than 3.5 is a drag to focus.

I still have a week to return it for a full refund or the warranty covers
repairs over the next 30 days.  I'm still unsure whether or not this lens is
worth hanging onto if the shop will pay for the overhaul.

Glen