[OM] Any scuba divers on the list?

Subject: [OM] Any scuba divers on the list?
From: Joshua_Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:00:06 -0700 (PDT)
Last month, under pressure from an impending tax refund, I
splurged on a used Ikelite housing for OM-1 and 1n.  This seemed
like the perfect way to combine two hideously expensive habits :-)

I've been told for years that I'm nuts not to buy a modern AF SLR
system -- am I even more crazy to do underwater photography with
manual focus and exposure?  (Makes me think I should get a cheap,
disposable OM-10 body if it will work in the housing.  If some
day I see salt water pouring in, I'd rather see it hitting an
OM-10 than an OM-1 :-)

Any other people on the list using their precious Olympus gear
underwater?  Any advice for a new underwater photographer, other
than obvious things like replacing all the O-rings on a used case
so it doesn't flood the first time I use it?

--

 Josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx  is  Joshua Putnam / P.O. Box 13220 / Burton, WA 98013
                       "My other bike is a car."