[OM] My own photo gallery - finally :)

Subject: [OM] My own photo gallery - finally :)
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:59:26 +0200
Hi guys,

After planning to do so for a long time, the easter holiday finally provided
me with enough time to get a first version of a photo gallery up and
running!

In it you will find some of my favourite pictures which I have taken over
the last three years. Currently, there are pictures (in order of appearance)
from: Italy, Japan, Spain, Venezuela, and The Netherlands.

Pictures of Peru will soon follow too, I have yet to scan these, but I hope
to have them online in some 2 or 3 weeks from now.

When viewing these pictures, it is best to use as many colours as your
graphics card allows you to use, as the pictures were saved in the JPEG
24-bit format (which means that the available colour palette for the
pictures consists of 16.777.216 colours - which because of lack of enough
pixels can't all be shown simultaneously on the screen ;) ). Viewing them in
16-bit mode (65.536 colours, max.) will also be o.k., but image quality loss
is definitely noticeable when viewing them in only 256 colours (although the
pictures don't look as bad as I feared they would).

O.k., now that we've got that out of the way, here is the URL:
http://members.xoom.com/olaf_greve

I hope you will all enjoy the pictures, and I'd love to hear some
comments/suggestions about them.

Cheers!
Olaf