[OM] apology

Subject: [OM] apology
From: "Ron Crabtree" <crabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 22:11:58 -0600
Guilty as charged!!  I indeed showed poor judgment in listing my Sigma 500mm
lens on both the photo.net classifieds and on ebay at the same time, and
received a few emails today pointing this out.  I actually had assumed that no
one was interested in the lens as listed in the classified ad since I had
received no response to it.  I have since removed the lens from the classified
ads.  Sorry for the mistake.

I feel like a kid in a candy store.  I had assumed for a long time that I was
the only person still fanatically interested in Olympus.  It is great to see
that I am not alone and can use this remarkable source of experience and
interest with such ease.

Since this seems like a widespread community, let me ask this.  I am currently
awaiting delivery of my newly purchased used 350mm 2.8 Zuiko lens from KEH.
This lens appeared on their website a few weeks ago and then disappeared.  To
my surprise it reappeared a week later at the same price.  I assume someone on
the mail list was the original owner and perhaps another mail list member
purchased the lens and then returned it to KEH for refund.  Can anyone give me
any history on the lens?  Why did the second owner find it unsatisfactory and
return it to KEH.  Anything I should be aware of?

Also, I own an old OM-PC.  After a few years of use it developed what I assume
is the infamous circuit problem.  I understand that Olympus no longer stocks
circuit boards and so I use the camera as a paperweight.  Is there any way this
camera can be fixed nowadays?

Lastly, a question about mail list etiquette.  Is it appropriate to ask so many
questions in a single post and in a single day?  Should I post each question
separately?

Thanks!!

Ron Crabtree