Re: [OM] OM-4 or 4t

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 or 4t
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 10:41:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/99 9:19:02 AM EST, barry@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  What I need to know is, to begin with, whether the OM-4 is a good camera.
 > Or should I keep looking for a 2s?  Also is the 4t a significant
improvement
 > over the 0M-4?  Should I spend the extra cash? >>

        Hi Barry,
        My opinion- yes, the OM-4 is a good camera. I had one which performed
very    well and did not have the battery drain problem. I don't know, but I
wonder the      percentage that do. I wish I knew if it was 10%, 50%, 75%?
Then we'd all be        better able to advise you. With the -4 in the $300
range, and a mint -4T in the    $600-$650 range, you have to ask yourself if
you're going to just use the camera     a bit, maybe sell it later, or do you
want it to be your main body for years to       come? You can see where I'm
going here- I sold my -4 when a "like new"
        (it really was) -4T came along at a reasonable price, since I want to
stay    committed to the OM system. That's not to say a good OM-4 won't serve
you     for many years, it most likely will.
        IMO, due to the vast difference in price, you can't make a bad choice
either way.
        (Ah, if only more of life's choices were like this!) But if your -4
needs a new     circuit board, you may end up spending as much in total after
repair as you'd         spend on a 4T. So, IMO, if you DESIRE a 4T, go for it.

                        (Again, the preceeding was MY OPINION ONLY and not
meant to reflect                        the opinions of this list, America
OnLine, the Internet, or computer                               geeks
worldwide.)
                        [Please OM-4,-1,-2,-3,-10-,F-,G,-77,-88,-2000 owners-
do not send                             flaming electrons my way]
        Good Luck
        George S.