Re: [OM] OM-4 w/ T Series Flash Confusion....

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 w/ T Series Flash Confusion....
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:59:19 GMT
Hello Frank.

I recognize your problem - I have had to deal with it some time ago
(not because of lack of T-32 flashes, but because of the physical
impossibility to have cables lying around in my set-up.

If you use one T-series flash on TTL and one or two slaves triggered
by the T-flash, than the only flash which the camera can cut-off
(which is what TTL does) is that T-flash.
If the slave doesn't give too much light, this works out fine. If the
slave gives too much power, cutting off the T-flash doesn't help at
all

So you will have to try and judge and use a relatively small slave
flash (or set it to a low output, if possible). In my case this
worked. I don't know if all slave units will be fast enough to give
their output within the TTL-flash time - which of course is required.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.