[OM] OM-4 w/ T Series Flash Confusion....

Subject: [OM] OM-4 w/ T Series Flash Confusion....
From: "Kinkead, Frank W" <Frank.Kinkead@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 01:28:35 -0600
I'm confused.  From previous notes, I'm under the impression that my OM-4
(with a T-32 or T-20 on it) will also include a slaved flash unit in it's
Off the Film Plane exposure control (see Ken's note below).  In other words,
the OM-4 measures the exposure needed - weighing all light coming through to
the film plane; TTL sources and others - and terminates the shutter upon
proper exposure.

If this is the case, what information is going between to the OM-4 camera
and T series flash TTL capable flashes ?  Isn't the camera really
controlling the amount of flash that's used ?  What is the TTL flash
circuitry adding to the picture ?

My original goal - and original question to the group - was based on finding
a way to have a second/third flash at angles to subjects to handle harsh
shadows across faces and backgrounds.  Could I skip the expense of adding
two more T-32s that are "TTL" and simply by two slave units and two cheaper
flashes that would be positioned to the sides of the subject and that would
simply go off when the camera mounted T-20 goes off ?

Chip Kinkead
St. Louis, MO