[OM] Olympus Flash Suggestion

Subject: [OM] Olympus Flash Suggestion
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:48:03 EST
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 01:59:09 -0600
From: "Kinkead, Frank W" <Frank.Kinkead@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject

My name is Chip and I've just subcribed to the Olympus List.  I've owned
Oympus cameras and bodies for 10 years and do not plan to own anything else.

I have a newly acquired OM4 (new to me) and only have a T-20 flash.  I'd
like to have a flash that cycles faster and one that I could easily get "off
the camera" to avoid red-eye when photographing my new baby girl.  The T20
adapter and TTL cable (to accomplish "off the camera) look as expensive as a
used T-32.   The T-45 looks impressive but is bulky and I don't know if
battery/charger supplies are still supported by Olympus.  The F-280 is new
and would support higher sync speeds if I ever get an OM-4T but it's
obviously not a beefy or strong as the T-45.

Does anyone have some top-level working advise on what my best option would
be for one general purpose better Olympus flash (quicker cycling, off-camera
cable, maybe growth towards OM-4T possible) ?

Thanks,
Chip
Look into getting a B ounce Grip 2 for your T20 (also works w/ T32) - the BG2
uses several C-batteries and increases the recycle time. In studio work you
can use the AC adapter for flash but the recycle time is very slow - best
solution is the BG2.

I have T32 T20 F280 T10 and each have their place in the Oly armamentarium
BTW Does anyone have a T8 they would like to part with???

Cheerio from

Ken 'way too many strobes'  M.