Re: [OM] T32/Bounce grip 2 and its setup

Subject: Re: [OM] T32/Bounce grip 2 and its setup
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:37:21 +0100
Larrisa wrote:

: Hello list, today my friend bought me a T32 flash, a Bounce Grip 2, M
Quartz
: remote controller 1, TTL Auto Connector Type 4, Remote Sensor (which I
believe
: is for the QA 310), TTL Auto Multi Connector, TTL Auto Connector T20, M.
Grip
: Cord, and two TTL Auto cords T 0.3m ( I got all the names for the products
: from the OM1 instruction booklet).
: But I now have a few questions:

:(1) can all of this be used together and with an OM2n/1n with a winder 2?

Basically yes, with a few exclusions:
- the Remote Sensor can, as you wrote, only be used with the QA310;
- the TTL Auto Connector T20 is intended for a flash bracket or tripod
mounted T20 because it has no built-in T cord connector;
- the Multi Connector only makes sense when you add one or two T flashes and
one or two TTL Auto Cords of 2 or 5 m.; all flashes are used in TTL flash
measuring; you can build a tree of up to nine T flashes with four
multiconnectors and 13 cords.

:(2) The bounce grip has a five pin connector at
: the bottom of the handle. The T32 also has a five pin connector, as does
the
: TTL Auto Connector Type 4. When would I use what???

Mount the TTL Auto Connector 4; one end of the TTL Cord goes in here and the
other in the plug of the Power Bounce Grip2. The plug in the T32 can also be
used, but this is really intended when the T32 is mounted on a flash bracket
or flash stand or tripod.

:(3) When I use the 2n/
: B.G. 2/ T32 como, how do I set them up?? Is the sync cord built into the
B.G.
: 2 all I need ( it wont reach when the winder 2 is also used in the
setup)????

You don't need the sync cord; all connections are made by the TTL cord. The
sync cord is intended for the OM-1 (without 'n') that has no viewfinder LED
and doesn't accept the Connector 4.

:(5) The Remote Sensor with a dial on it an odd connector, what is
: it used for???

In combination with a QA310 and Bounce Grip (not the Power Bounce grip 2) to
perform Normal Auto (computer flash) bounce flash.

(6) And finally, the M. Quartz remote controller 1, what is it
: used for, how, and will it work with the Winder 2? Will it work with the
2n/1n
: / B.G.2/ T32 combo???

It's basically designed for Motor Drive 2, but can also be used with MD1 or
a Winder. It performes wired remote operation of the MD or Winder just like
the M.Remote Cord, but adds
a built-in intervalometer at intervals from 0.5 sec to 24 hours
with MD2 you also get:
- control for mode switching Single/Continous
- LCD frame counter
- Exposure confirmation
Of course it can also be used with the PBG2 and T32; it does not transmit
flash ready/flash ok signals. There is a M.Remote Controller Cord 10m.
extension cord that your friend must buy for real remote operation :-)

:I read that some one had (a problem?) their T32 mounted on the
:grip 2, and heard a high-low-high-low-high.....cycling hum of the flash.
Mine
:does this, I can also see in the view finder the flash-ready light brighten
:and dim in sync with the hum.....is this normal?

This is of course not normal. You better have it serviced. If you have an
Accesory Shoe 4, does the T32 operate normal when it's shoe mounted?

Hans