RE: [OM] IS-3 lens test.

Subject: RE: [OM] IS-3 lens test.
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:36:05 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 17 mars 1999 14:54
Ämne: Re: [OM] IS-3 lens test.

>On Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:08:37 +0100, "Angel Lobo Caballero"
><angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Is the IS 3 the self camera than the IS 3000 ?
>>I don´t know very well the IS series, but the magazine Foto/Vídeo
here in
>>Spain bring
>>some time ago  ( l993 )  a test with surprising results.
>>
>>Ángel Lobo.
>
>Yes Ángel, they are the same camera.
>
>Frank van Lindert
>Utrecht NL.

Except of course for the very small insignificant but noteworthy
difference that we learned from you Frank last year. Quoting from your
post of 98-11-04:

-quote-

"I found the relevant page in the English edition of the Magic Lantern
Guide called Olympus IS2 & 3 (by Richard Huenecke and Bob Shell)

On p. 118 it says:

FAST FLASH SYNC
(IS-3000 only, not on IS-3)

This feature allows you to use flash or fill flash at any shutter time
up to 1/2000 second. Unfortunately, due to patent licensing
difficulties, this feature is not found on North American IS cameras.
In operation, this system works by pulsing the flash rapidly at
shutter speeds faster than 1/100 of a second producing the appearance
of flash synchronization at speeds faster than the true maximum sync
speed.
This system allows some types of photography which would be impossible
otherwise, but with very limited flash power in this mode. Even with
ISO 400 film your maximum shooting distance is only around ten feet.

end quote

In the German edition of this book by R.Huenecke (alone this time),
devoted only to the IS-3000 and with about double information content,
the super FP flash as it is properly called there described in more
detail.

BTW, it only applies to the built-in double flash - not the G-40.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL."

-unquote-

Per Nordenberg