Re: [OM] focusing "errors"; IS-30 features

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing "errors"; IS-30 features
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:34:03 GMT
On Mon, 08 Mar 1999 05:49:01 -0800, William Sommerwerck
<williams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The diopter setting has no effect on how the lens focuses on a matte screen or
>split-image/microprism screen.

True, but the eye cannot see if the picture object is in-focus when
the diopter setting is far off.

I have an auto-focus digital camera (D-600) with matte screen (no
further focusing aids needed, of course) and without diopter
correction setting.

During camera focusing I can always see a sharp matte image for a
short but passing moment, because the camera thinks differently and
focuses further, ending up in a position that seems out-of-focus to my
eye.
The camera is always right, and I am always wrong...

Frank.