RE: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus OM SIF: phase 2/10 completed!

Subject: RE: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus OM SIF: phase 2/10 completed!
From: "Higgins, Michael (Ex AS01)" <MHiggins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:24:15 +1100
> When the OM2000 is the best Oly can do in a decade, it does tend to
instill
> negative feelings in the faithful, at least me (the formerly faithful who
> gave up!)

Hey, you're alienating some of the newer list members here!  The OM2000 is a
good basic camera, which when coupled with the same zuiko glass that any of
the other bodies wear is capable of taking some fine pictures.  Given the
price it is a perfectly reasonable entry level SLR (I hope so anyway since I
just got one to replace my OM2n after it went swimming in Sydney Harbor).  I
assume that the point here was not to criticise the OM2000, but to compare
Olympus's lack of development with Nikon's abundance of development.

Hey, my friends laughed when they realised I had bought a _manual_ camera, I
don't need the Oly list laughing too! :(

(actually I'm having fun and that's all that matters)

Cheers,

Mike