Re: [OM] Re: Warning on seller from Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Warning on seller from Netherlands
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:28:08 GMT
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:43:30 EST, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>In a message dated 2/20/99 1:01:01 PM EST, lindertv@xxxxxxx writes:
>
><< You dont know me but i just got screwed by jac from holland also. I went
> >to leave a complaint and saw yours.Just wanted to share. He really
> >ripped me off and now refuses to return my e-mails!
> >Higgens@xxxxxxxxxxx >>
>
>Frank,
>       I don't doubt your sincerity, believe me. I know there are two sides to
> every
>dispute, ( I've been a police officer for 24 years and have been to every kind
>of dispute) ( I sometimes get calls from police agencies in Europe asking for
>a favor on this side of the pond, and if I ever get a call from Holland,
>BELIEVE ME I'll have a helluva idea for them to repay me!) but the above woman
>told me the details of her problem. She "won" the bid on an item Jac
>advertised as "A rare Kodak poster". After she paid for it, plus $15 shipping,
>she received a poor, small size, PHOTOCOPY of the poster mentioned, folded
>twice, and stuffed in a small envelope, which just needed basic postage. In
>other words, what she received was WORTHLESS. This was not a disagreement
>between two people, this was a SCAM, pure and simple. Seems there can't be
>much of another side to this story, you'll have to agree. If you want to help,
>why don't you contact Jac on her behalf?
>
>Regards
>George S.

I am willing to do so, George.

Please ask the lady to contact me by personal email herself, because I
want her to tell me she likes my help indeed. And a bit of history
might (original eBay auction details etcetera) might help if I am
talking to this 'seller' on someone elses behalf.

Ask her to send a message to franklin@xxxxxxxxxx (me too, I can't read
my company email for a few days)

Regards,

Frank.