Re: [OM] Re: Warning on seller from Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Warning on seller from Netherlands
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:20:50 GMT
On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 00:05:24 EST, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>REFERENCE: MY WARNING TO ALL ON E-BAY USER ID--- JAC1.NL
>
>Just received this e-mail. Speaks for itself----
>
>You dont know me but i just got screwed by jac from holland also. I went
>to leave a complaint and saw yours.Just wanted to share. He really
>ripped me off and now refuses to return my e-mails!
>Higgens@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>George S.

Hello all.

I know the man personally - Holland is small indeed, having only 15M
inhabitants ;-)

Jac is a businessman, who has a good reputation in his field.
He also is an organiser of camera fairs in the southern part of our
country, and has quite a good reputation there as well. And he is one
of the biggest Kodak collectors, even traveling to the US with the
sole purpose of extending his collection from time to time.
He also sells a lot through eBay, and the majority of the feedback he
got there is positive.

I also know him through eBay, from the auction of a Olympus PM-6
microscope camera which I was the high bidder in. No complaints here -
the thing was beautiful and completely met my expectations.
Even better: he delivered the goods at my home address and he also
brought along a second wooden box with four 'aus jena' microscope
objectives, which he threw in unasked. I sold those myself though eBay
afterwards, and in the end I had the PM-6 for free! (I bid and paid
$250 for the camera and I got slightly more for the objectives)

Of course I cannot judge about the eBay disputes any of you might have
with Jac, and I would like to stay out of it. I also think that the
Olympus OM list is not the right place to discuss eBay originating
problems: there are many sellers, also of Olympus goods, who are to be
considered suspicious, and there are also many buyers who don't follow
through with their purchases after winning an auction. Of course a
warning against possible frauds is always welcome. There is some risk
in eBay business, but in general I am quite happy with it.

On the other hand. if I can help anyone having bought directly from
Jac or through this mailing list, I will be happy to do so. I remember
having helped two mailing list members who had some problems with
another seller (from Portugal) whom I also knew personally. At least
one of the two was satisfied in the end - the other I don't know
about.

Take care all.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht Holland.