[OM] Re: OM] OT: lens test archive III

Subject: [OM] Re: OM] OT: lens test archive III
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:52:04 +0100
Matthus Wilke wrote:

>The worst value I found till now
>is 1,5 and was achieved by the lens I hated most, the Sigma 400mm 1:5,6
>Apo. This 1,5 is in tune with my experience with this ugly lens.

Ho, ho, you're looking at the non-APO version. The APO is rated at a value
of 2.5, considerably better. I've owned this lens and had much joy from it.
Not a stellar lens, but with proper technique you will get very decent
results. The average MTF of 0.68 is in fact quite good, not very much worse
than the much more expensive Contax Tele-tessar 300/4  (a Zeiss lens) at 3.0
and 0.72 MTF.

Ulf Westerberg