[OM] lens test archive

Subject: [OM] lens test archive
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:25:58 +0100
Matthias wrote of www.photodo.com

Matthias and others,
this site is run by long time swedish photojournalist Lars Kjellberg. Lars
is very well-known in his own country and has written about cameras and
photography in photo mags for at least 25 years. I believe he has a good,
neutral reputation, not always writing what the companys wan't to read. When
the photo-magazine he was working on, was merged togeher with the other
leading swedish photo-mag, he immediately started his own magazine which
grew to be very competetive over the years. He sold it a year ago in order
to be able to explore new paths, this site obviously being one of them.
Many of the tests you referr to seem to descend from tests made by the "his"
magazine before it was merged with the other. At least the results and
values are exactly the same, for example on the Tamron 400/4 and many
others. I know, 'cause I've been reading old tests lately! The tests are
done in Helsingborg, which BTW is just 60 kilometers away from my home, at
an independent institution with no connection to any camera brand.
I find these tests often superficial, as mostly no data on vignetting or
flare is shown (just as in the magazine).

Ulf Westerberg