Re: [OM] identify this cord, please

Subject: Re: [OM] identify this cord, please
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:39:40 -0600
> >One connector fits nicely into the round hole at the bottom of a Winder
> >1 (in the center of the selector dial - SINGLE<->OFF).  It is barrel shaped.
> That sounds like a power cord for the Winder.  (The Winder II has the same
> gizmo available for it.)  Precisely what kind of power pack the other end
> should fit in, I have no idea.  I'm sure there's an Oly accessory -- I've
> just never seen it.
>
> >The other connector has what appears to be a cable release.  It screws
> >neatly into the shutter release of an OM1-MD and has a sliding pin
> >suitable for releasing the shutter.
>
> That one's got me stumped.  Is this on the *same* cord?  Yoicks.

Yup.  One cord, about six inches (that's a very rough ballpark - I'm too
lazy to walk down the hall and measure it.  IF it matters, I will).
One end had the barrel-shaped connector that the Winder seems to like -
the other end has what is pretty clearly a cable release.

> >I can't find any other place to fit either connector.
> >
> >When inserted into the Winder, the winder no longer winds (pressing the
> >shutter release on the Winder has no effect whatsoever, that I can see).
>
> Makes sense.  Power's now been cut off from the internal pack, and the
> Winder's expecting power from an external source.  At least, that's what I
> believe.

Indeed - if that's what the receptacle on the Winder is for, then this
makes sense.  It also makes sense that this particular cord is not
supposed to be plugged in to the Winder!

OK - the floor is open for the next guess...

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213