RE: [OM] Cable Release for OM-2000

Subject: RE: [OM] Cable Release for OM-2000
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 19:55:23 -0600
At 12:19 PM 2/9/99 +1100, you wrote:
>I think Chris has described the way it _should_ work here, but I tried it
>out last night and the nasty red glow still occurs when the camera has the
>film advance lever all the way in and a cable release activating the
>shutter.  It's a shame because this little "feature", and limited flash
>options, are the only two things that I don't like about the camera.
>... and to think that the salesman actually convinced me that the LED
>exposure meter was better than a match needle because you could see it in
>low light!  Ha!

Sounds like the cable release may be made wrong.  Does the pin (inner part)
stick out beyond the threads when detached?  It should stick out very
little, if at all.  If you have a few bends to the cable release the pin
will stick out as much as 3-4mm farther.

As far as the LED meter being better than a match needle:  I'll take the
scale in the OM-2S over either LEDs or match needles anyday.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx