Re: [OM] OT: List commerce and traffic; was Macro Items on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: List commerce and traffic; was Macro Items on ebay
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:17:51 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 10:17:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Pauls0627@xxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm split on this. I don't think it is necessary to post to the list items
 seen on the internet, be it eBay, rec.photo.marketplace, or whatever. Even
the
 big stores with web sites (KEH, B&H, etc...) Everyone here is capable of
 finding these things if we want.

 OTOH, things people find in local shops that might be of interest, are
useful.
 Assuming, of course, the poster is willing to serve as a go-between and
 establish contact between the buyer and seller, or purchase the item and
 resell it.

Paul, I'm in 100% agreement with how you feel. We can find e-Bay and other
internet locations, by being here we obviously can use a computer.

It's tough when we say this or that shouldn't be here, though. I, for one, may
not give a hoot how many blades are in my lens, but obviously it's important
to many others here. I respect that, and am free to not read those posts. If
you feel you get too many posts from the list, then unsubscribe!  A lot of
traffic means the list is flourishing, no?  I do feel that people are wasting
time discussing uses of "quotes" (parentheses) and uses of their and there.
Get over it, people, some of us know better, but type too fast. It's like if
we were talking on the phone. Would you correct me for my little abuses of the
King's english? I hope not!

George S.