Re: [OM] Why do we need 14mm lenses?; Moon exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] Why do we need 14mm lenses?; Moon exposure
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:19:36 EST
In a message dated 1/26/99 8:54:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jloudon@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm not sure NASA has ever sent any Leicas into space (NASA seems to like
 Nikon for 35mm). The Russians, of course, sent a Laika into earth orbit
 about forty years ago :-)

Yes, I know. but I believe that model- the "Laika" was a real "dog" of a piece
of equipment. ( I couldn't resist)

I had seen Leicas in a book, that appeared somewhat different from the
production models, and they were described as "for NASA". Perhaps they were
for missions prior to Apollo, it wasn't clear from the brief description
given.

George S.