Re: [OM] F5 student camera (!)

Subject: Re: [OM] F5 student camera (!)
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:36:10 +0100
Shawn Wright wrote:

> > I was talking over lunch with our Photo instructor yesterday, who is
> > longtime N*k*n user. He told me one of our students came back with a
> new F5
> > body! He also said he wished that he had made manual cameras
> mandatory, as he
> > spends too much time trying to help students with their
> wonderbricks.

Here in Sweden, or at least here in Gislaved (and therefore I assume the
rest of Sweden), the students have to use manual cameras only (at first
anyway) to be able to actually *learn* how to make a correct exposure
and what photography is about. They learn too compose as well.
I was once asked by a girl if she could take my picture. I said "Yes, if
I can have a look at your camera.". She was afraid that I would press
the trigger and accidentally fire... Well, I would probably feel the
same if I lend my camera to a stranger. Anyway, the camera was an old
Pentax of some sort if I am not mistaken.
How about that photo of me? I never saw the result... Locked in a vault
forever... No one must see...

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen