Re: [OM] zuiko 100/2

Subject: Re: [OM] zuiko 100/2
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:07:35 -0700
At 10:31 AM 1/24/99 -0800, 'james olson' wrote:
>can any owners of this lens comment on their opinions?  i have seen
>quite a few 85/2's and 100/2.8's, but i've never seen the 100/2.  it's
>big and bulky, but i would think it's optics are a real cracker.....  as
>the 100/2.8 is the one lens in my lineup i wish to replace, the 100/2
>seems the perfect replacement.

Everyone knows my opinion of this lens, about which I have no (zero, zip,
zilch, nada, sweet F.A., bugger-all, not a sausage) *objective* information on.
 I love it -- makes me feel (and, in the results, look) like a professional.
Yes, it's heavy, but then the best results I've achieved with it have usually
been paired up with a tripod anyways, so no big deal.  (Mind you, I got a
couple of candids at a family reunion that also really impressed people, so...)

>and does anyone have a 100/2 they would like to sell??

Only when you can pry it out of my cold, dead fingers.  8^>

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/