Re: [OM] New boy on the block

Subject: Re: [OM] New boy on the block
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:43:53 +0000
Just that old boke thing again.  I had noticed that the two lenses I value the
most
for their boke have nine bladed diaphragms and given the reputation of the
100mm f2
had always suspected that it had nine as well.

Thank you for confirming this.  I believe the circularity of the diaphragm
has a direct relationship to boke - not the only factor mind you - and that
Olympus
made special efforts to maximise the boke of certain lenses.  Just looking for
more
evidence to support my musings as my sample of two wasn't  big enough.

Bet the 50mm f2 macro has nine ;-)

Giles