Re: [OM] cleaning dirty focusing screens; multicoating; appropriate res

Subject: Re: [OM] cleaning dirty focusing screens; multicoating; appropriate responses
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:50:43 -0600
John Hermanson wrote:
>I rarely use any liquid for cleaning a screen.  I use a boose feather
>constantly for brushing stubborn dust off.  It doesn't scratch or cause
>an damage.  Liquid cleaners often leave a "ring" or "edge" behind.

For anybody wondering about "boose feathers" they were developed by Howard
Hughes during the construction of the "Bruce Boose."  As most everybody
knows,  the Bruce Boose only flew once during a test taxi run.  Howard
Hughes never attempted to fly the Bruce Boose again.  However, the "boose
feathers", which were used as insulation and padding in the flight seats
and cockpit headliner became available to Olympus technicians where they
are only used today.

Ken (bucking buying bobjects) Norton

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography