FW: [OM] and then some say dont use filters....

Subject: FW: [OM] and then some say dont use filters....
From: "Smoliga.Nick" <SMOLIGA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:02:17 -0600
Well, maybe not anything. I dropped one of my two my OM-1's (bought in 1972
by me) about 18" onto a wooden deck earlier this month. The mirror would not
operate (move up and down) or lock up. The repairman said that the mechanism
had become disconnected from the mirror, and that he had to disassemble,
reconnect the pieces, and reassemble to fix it. That was the first failure
in 27 years of moderate use (about 10 to 50 rolls a year). Olympus makes
tough gear.