Re: [OM] Black specks on Focusing screen

Subject: Re: [OM] Black specks on Focusing screen
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:45:22 +0100
Lars Haven wrote:
> It jut hit me: A way to clean these delicate focusing screens would be
> by immersion in an ultrasound bath. Opticians use such baths to clean
> normal eyeglasses, so the local optician can probably also handle a
> focusing screen.

If your optician does it, make shure she/he isn't putting the screen in one of
these steelwire baskets, that usually hold the goods in the bath.
I've cleaned several things this way at our institute, though no OM-screens yet.
It works nicely and is very gentle. Just add a little dishwashing liquid, rinse
with destilled water and blow dry afterwards.
But then, not everybody has access to such facilities so asking an optician may
be a good idea.