Re: [OM] IS-Series for AF?

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-Series for AF?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:04:02 +0100
Ken Norton wrote:

:If I'm grabbing only one camera, I usually want to grab the IS-3.
:Unfortunately, it has print film in it most of the time and has been
:accosted for family use.  Would I recommend the IS-3(000) to most anybody?
:You bet.  This is the ultimate P&S.

Thanks Ken for this elaborate discussion of the IS-3(000). You didn't
mention the Super FP flash mode of the built-in flash of the 3000.
Anyway, I'm almost ready to buy one, but I'm still worried about the single
centre AF spot. How do you cope with that when the wedding couple in the
church, or fashion models on the catwalk are running towards you with speeds
you didn't imagine before (too fast for AF lock, certainly not with the 300
mm convertor attached) and they/she/he are not in the centre of 'your'
picture?

Hans