Re: [OM] OM telephotos.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM telephotos.
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:42:00 EST
George writes:

> How does one determine whether what's in the box is new or old 64T
>  emulsion?  I grabbed a few rolls of 64T at a local store, didn't think to
>  ask about newness of emulsion.

I've not seen a box redesign, yet.  Every film that gets redesigned ends with
with a new box, or words like "new" or "improved."  The redesigned Fujichrome
64T was announced at Photokina.  I suspect it will take some time to reach
retail, esp. since 64T isn't a film that is frequently reordered.

I have yet to find Agfachrome 50 RSX II on the shelves, either.  But the
Agfacolor HDC Plus is there, albeit a more popular film here in the states.
Both of these were announced at Photokina.

For obligatory OM content: I was unable to get the reach I needed for the
300mm f/4.5 Zuiko and 2X converter lens test combo.  As it was, I was
streached across a residental lot here in Las Vegas (even in a neighborhood
where lots are larger than the typical postage stamp size).  I'll have to
compensate by evaluating the slides at a different projection magnification,
or reshoot in daylight with a film of similiar resolution to 64T

Gary Reee
Las Vegas, NV