[OM] Photography of camera bodies, in particular M-1

Subject: [OM] Photography of camera bodies, in particular M-1
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:09:16 -0500
Olympians,

I own an Olympus M-1 with a Zuiko 50mm/1.8 in the M-System inscription.
You can see a photo of this camera on the Olympus site.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/Special/CameraHistory/m-1.html

Now I would like to update my Olympus page with a photo of my M-1 with the
M-sytem Zuiko.  Since I also have an original leather case with the Olympus logo
on the front, I am thinking about photographing the two together but the case
nose portion separately.  The reason is that the M-1 inscription will be upside
down when viewed from the front of the lens.  On the other hand, if I viewed
from the top, I won't have a view of the lens with the M-System inscription.

Anyway, I am wondering what you, men and women, think of the lighting setup for
this photography.  Perhaps you might specify which lens you would use.

In my case, I have an OM-4T and an OM-2000 to use and I have an F280 and a T-32,
one each.  In addition, I have a cheap manual flash.  I have practically no
experience photographing this small assembly with flash.  Therefore I am asking
for any good idea.

Thanks.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx