Re: [OM] Photography of camera bodies, in particular M-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography of camera bodies, in particular M-1
From: Claes <alvsborg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 01:26:49 +0100
At 16:13 1999-01-14 -0500, you wrote:
>Photographing photo equipment can follow the same principles as portraits,
>albeit at a macro scale.  Set up your flashes (I prefer photofloods) so that
>the key light is up,  slightly in front of and to one side of the equipment.
>A second flash should be used to fill in the shadows and placed close to the
>taking camera.  The fill light should have about half the light intensity of
>the key light.  That dictates using the flashes on manual.

Gary,

I am also in the process of starting macro photography of small high-tech
things and am considering buying photofloods. What do you use? 3000K bulbs
and 80A filters? Or daylight bulbs? How many watts?

I found an article on the web, which describes photography of small things.
It might be helpful for someone...
http://ganoksin.com/borisat/nenam/light.htm

I will come back to the list with some pictures when I'm thru.

Best regards,
Claes