[OM] Swedish Olympus service (again)

Subject: [OM] Swedish Olympus service (again)
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 00:21:16 +0100
Maybe some of you remember a discussion a while ago whether the
OM-2S/P was a forgotten camera or not. I mentioned then that I had a
circuit replacement done on mine in 1991 by the Sw Oly authorized
service dealer, and that I (in spite of this) still had the green
flash ready light in the viewfinder. John H commented about this and
his view was that "whoever would do a circuit replacement without
doing the flash ready light too must not have read up on his service
bulletins".

I could not stop thinking about this. Did they make a big screw up
back then? IF they did or not is of course heavily dependent on when
this flash ready light fix became available. I checked all the papers
from the repair and it turned out that they may have replaced the
circuit twice (!) since the battery exhaustion still remained after
the first repair. Thus I had to return it in early 92. After this it
has worked flawlessly.

Friday last week I made up my mind and I send them an email. I have
not received an answer yet. I did include all necessary data on the
previous repairs, and I also quoted John's comment (hope you don't
mind John) and asked about their opinion on this. I really tried not
to be provocative, but I did ask if a small discount on a flash ready
light fix was possible or not. I also asked about the cost for a total
overhaul of the camera including foam replacement and the flash ready
light fix. Maybe they do not know of this fix? Maybe they're still
checking the data that I provided? Maybe they do not want to deal with
me because I referred to the view of another Oly service dealer with a
very good reputation? In any case I thought I was gonna receive some
kind of answer. Any advice on what to do now? Shall I give them to the
end of the week and then give them a phone call?

Per Nordenberg