Re: [OM] 50/3,5 - was - OT Millenium Plans

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/3,5 - was - OT Millenium Plans
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 20:50:21 +0200
Claes wrote:

>>Can't explain it in a better way. On my little homepage, the "Seestern" was
>>taken with this lens.
>>Matthias
>>http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Matthias.K.Wilke/Seestern.jpg
>
>Hmmmm.... what to say? I think WOW! is the closest I can get. Great shot!!
>Please, tell us more about how you took this picture. Light? Flash? Film? etc

Do you really want to hear this ? As you maybe have already mentioned, you
can always bait me with such questions. So the photo is from Heron Island
(very little island with a biological research station) in the Great
Barriere Reef. I visited Australia 1995 with my university. As a precaution
I carried Sensia 100 rather than my beloved Velvia film with me. In
Australia there was so much sunlight (in August) and such a clear air, it
would have been no problem to use 50 ASA. The sea star was in a plastic
container to be studied and later set back in the sea. The light was
sunlight. The photo is interesting because of the in German so called
"Ambulacralfüßchen" ( = little feet for walking around (lat.ambulare)).
"Seeigel" and "Koralle" are from the same island but from an aquarium and
also not as "plastic" as the sea star. The pictures were scanned on Kodak
photo CD.

Matthias