Re: [OM] Battery drain

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery drain
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 11:21:48 -0600
Only problem with the reversing of a battery cell is that the batteries do
not discharge at an identical rate.  If you reverse the battery with a
slightly higher voltage you will actually be sending the electrons the
wrong way through the camera.  I seriously doubt that our beloved OMs have
a protective diode to prevent roasting.  Secondly, the minute voltage and
current will promote corrosion.  Unless the battery surface is kept
absolutely clean you will get development of corrosion in the battery
compartment.  (oils from our fingers contain salts, etc.).

Mackenzie is on my lap as I'm typing this.  She says  "bb vvk,km,nj"

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx