Re: [OM] replace circuits

Subject: Re: [OM] replace circuits
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 21:28:49 +0100
Richard Schaetzl wrote:

> Matthias Wilke wrote:
>
> > I have heard, that some OM-4 and  OM-2SP need an exchange of circuits
> > because of battery drain (with my OM-2n and OM-4 Ti I don't know this
> > problem, but I turn off beeping and don't use the viewfinder illumination).
> > Then John wrote, that the replace circuit for the OM-2SP is sold out. My
> > question is, isn't it possible to build such an circuit in small series.
>
> At the moment this sounds like a phantasy, but in the twentys and
> thirties nobody would have expected Leicas to work 60 years later, after
> new shutter curtains has been installed and the mechanics repaired.
> So why should it not possible in the future to have new cicuits?
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

In principle it is quite possible to build replacement chips and
curcuit boards for our beloved OMs. It is just outrageously
expensive.
Making a new mechanical part is very much easier.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"