[OM] Millenium Synchronicity Project

Subject: [OM] Millenium Synchronicity Project
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 00:52:53 EST

<< The first sunrise of the new millenia is on 1/1/2001... but if I were you
I'd
 make the trip next year anyway. I'm sure the wife wouldn't mind, and you can
 scope out good sites to get that shot...
  Paul Schings >>

Maybe I'll just go tomorrow and say I used my own calendar based on an ancient
but accurate Japanese calendar that I found in an Olympus M1 box.  Even if I
go on 1/1/2000 and it's too early, I'll still have one year's jump on everyone
to sell my sunrise photos to buy that OM3Ti and 35-80.

<<BTW, does this mean we don´t have to participate in the feativities
and that we can go to bed just as usual?  :-)
Per Nordenberg>>

Celebrate twice.  It only happens every thousand years.

<<Requisite OM content: Or maybe I'll hit First Night in downtown Providence
and
try to capture the fireworks display with the OM-4 (or the OM-1 if it's too
cold).
Paul Schings>>

For those on the east coast, the easternmost point on the continental US is a
place called S. Lubec and Quoddy Head in Maine.

<<That would be an ancient coin not antique, would it not?
And what foresight the maker had, to stamp BC on it 423 years before
the date of reference.  <G>and :-)
Charlie>>

Isn't that the coin that had Nostradamus' portrait on it?

<<Some New
Zealandar has calculated that an island in their territory has a peak
sufficiently high that it will see sunrise before other islands
further east.
Christopher Biggs>>

I could go retro and go to Attu Island on the Aleutians Chain and take the
last sunset.  This would fit in with your lament about all the things we did
not accomplish in the Second Millenium.

Millenium Synchronicity Project:  Christopher points out (in a roundabout way)
that there are many things we should be proud of as a human race, the least of
which is our survival as a species.  Let's chronicle  (with Oly equipment of
course) some of the crowning achievements of the Second Millenium and post
them to a site. They can be technological or it could be your family.

Warren Kato
wkato@xxxxxxx