Re: [OM] zelftimer button on OM10?

Subject: Re: [OM] zelftimer button on OM10?
From: "Jim Worthington" <knoxmore@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:21:58 -0800
Yes, the on/off/selftimer/check switch should have definite detents to hold
the switch in each position.

The symptom you describe suggests the metal spring finger has broken off the
plastic knob inside the switch.  My experience indicates this is a common
failing in the OM-10.

This can be repaired without dis-assembling the camera other than to remove
the rewind knob and switch knob.  If one is skilled with small tools and has
access to a 0-80 tap, tap drill  and screw , it is a reasonable repair.  If
you are interested, contact me offline and I will send you a "walk through".

The iris  should "snap" back immediately after a "preview".  If oil/grease
migrates to the blades, this can become sluggish or stop operating.  Again,
a common failing of the 50mm 1.8.

Jim W