Re: [OM] zelftimer button on OM10?

Subject: Re: [OM] zelftimer button on OM10?
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 07:34:02 EST
In a message dated 1/6/99 7:26:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, knotje@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Hello all I've just bought an OM10 from a friend and was wondering,
 does de rewind/zelftimer/on-off butten on the left side have a "click"
 when it is turned?
 This one feels sloppy and doesn't stay in off position firmly.....
 It also has some space underneath so you can lift & press is a
 little...is this normal?>>

Sorry, I don't know much about the OM-10. I'm sure others will chime in
here....

<<BTW how fast does the diafragm has to retrieve (when checked manually... >>

Which lens? Let me guess.... 50/1.8? To check the operation of the diaghpram,
stop it down all the way (f/16), then while looking through the front of the
lens, press the depth-of-field preview button (lower left of the lens when
looking at it from the front). The diaghram should close down. When you take
your hand off the DOF preview button suddenly, it should *snap* back open. If
it is at all sluggish, you probably have oil on the blades or another part of
the mechanism. 2 of the three 50/1.8's I have show this to some degree, so I
expect it is common in this lens. As long as the lens stops down smoothly and
quickly, and the blades do return to fully open by themselves, the lens should
be usable and picture quality will be unaffected.

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI