Re: [OM] to anyone who is interested

Subject: Re: [OM] to anyone who is interested
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 14:51:27 -0700
At 03:46 PM 1/4/99 -0500, Gary Reese, in response to Alexander
<mediadyne@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi Alexander:
>
>> the temperature was -22 degrees celsius at the mountain's peak. the only
>>  camera that still functioned was the OM3Ti. It saved my day.
>
>That is why it was marketed.  For the most extremes of conditions.
>Unfortunately, not enough photographers have to put equipment to such tests
>and can justify a need for such a rugged camera.

Hmmmm.  Given what I just read, Olympus should've been able to sell
wheelbarrows full of OM-3Ti's in Canada -- particularly in the Prairies
(today's the first day in weeks that the temperature's risen *above* -15
Celsius [that's about +5 degrees Fahrenheit for the SI-challenged... 8^> ]).
These are not atypical temperatures for Edmonton (or much of the Canadian and
U.S. Prairies) in the winter, and the only camera I have that works reliably is
the OM-1n.  The -2s and the -4 I save for above zero Celsius conditions, unless
I'm very briefly out-of-doors.

Garth