Re: [OM] Want to buy... PX-625's ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Want to buy... PX-625's ?
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 15:48:18 -0800
Mark Hammons wrote:

>What is the correct way to store these Mercury batteries?

Hg cells are sensitive to heat and humidity.  My recent experience
is that keeping them in a dry, cool place is sufficient.  However,
in the past I refrigerated them, and even dry-froze them.  In all
cases, as long as the return to room temperature was gradual (i.e.,
no temperature SHOCK!), and no air condensation was allowed, no
effect on the cell performance could be observed.

For instance, if one keeps his/her Hg cells in the freezer, it'd
be a good idea to "unfreeze" them in the fridge for 24 hrs before
actually using them.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA