[OM] G. (Gorilla) Zuiko

Subject: [OM] G. (Gorilla) Zuiko
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 15:41:41 -0800
I've been reading the National Geographic book, "Images of the World."

On page 327, I came upon a picture of Koko the Gorilla.  You may remember
Koko as the gorilla who learned American Sign Language, and had her own pet
kitten. What's interesting about the 1978 picture is that it's a
self-portrait.  Koko took her own image in a mirror, using an OM-2.  The
caption says that after taking the picture, she signed, "Love camera."

I can see it now:  "Olympus, the choice of higher primates. . ."

Have a Merry and a Happy and a Joyous, everybody!
----