Re: [OM] Thoughts on recommending against the OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on recommending against the OM2000
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:39:50 EST
In my experience, I remember the instruction manuals of the first cameras with
LCD displays stating something to the effect that: "the LCD should not require
replacement for at least 10 years."  That seems to stop short of a guarantee,
but I have not heard of a LCD display totally conking out even after 15 years.
I think people worry too much about that. Maybe some of the very early ones
crapped out due to extreme cold abuse.
>That's assuming the camera manufacturers would still have parts after 10
years, and still support the camera line by accepting them for repair, as some
of us have learned they don't in every instance.
>I'm not talking about the OM line here.

George S.