Re: [OM] Flash shoe mount for T32

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash shoe mount for T32
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:18:59 -0800
On 22 Dec 98 at 19:15, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> For the T32 you must indeed use an isolated shoe (aka a 'cold shoe') to
> prevent shortcut in the TTL contacts which can lead to strange behaviour .
> Various accesoiries manufactorers like Hama and Kaiser offer such shoes.
> Hama offers two models: "06955-9 BK10 VE 10" and "06959-7 BK10 VE 10" (no
> I'm not a walking encyclopedia - I have a Hama catalogue in front of me :-)
> .
> The first fits in a hot shoe (to be used for instance in combination with a
> flash tilt head that has its own tripod screw thread); the second has a
> tripod screw tread of its own that directly fits a tripod or flash umbrella
> stand.  Both items are still available.

I bought a Hama cold shoe swivel adapter last year. It is plastic, but well
made, has a ~180 degree swivel on one axis, plus a tripod 1/4" thread, and a
"light-stand" clamp. (I don't have a light stand, but apparently this hole is a
standard size for mounting it on a light/umbrella stand. I paid about $18 CDN I
think, but still haven't used this little beast - I need to get some TTL cords
first.