Re: [OM] Flash shoe mount for T32

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash shoe mount for T32
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 08:49:44 GMT
On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:17:29 -0800, Andre  Goforth
<goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Fellow Olympians,
>
>What do you use for a flash shoe mount for T32/T20 on a tripod?
>
>After several stops in Bay area (SF California) camera stores where photo
>sales people treated like I was from another planet when I showed them a
>T32 and tripod/light stand and asked for a bracket to attach the two,I now
>ask you all:
>
>Where do you get a bracket that goes between,say a Swivel Umbrella Adapter
>or a plain tripod/light stand and the T32? Something that will not short
>out the T32 with its 3 pins. I did find one after the salesman rummaged
>around in a miscellanious box but if I try to put tape on the pins it does
>fit because it is so tight. I am worried that I may short out the T32.
>
>Andre
>San Carlos, CA

Best thing to use (but rare and expensive) is the T-20 shoe connector.
This has a tripod mount thread in the bottom and a 5-pin T-socket on
the back (as meant for the T-20 which doesn't have one of its own.)
But they do easily $25-30 now...

Lately I bought 4 very small table top tripods (at $5 each), the cheap
kind that has bendable legs, not suited for anything else than a small
compact camera or... a flashgun.

With all four did come a flash shoe mount, which could also be used on
any other tripod. It is made from plastic, so no shorts are to be
expected. Cheap, and serves your purpose well.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.