Dave Digital Photo & Printing (was: Re[2]: [OM] OM Quality images)

Subject: Dave Digital Photo & Printing (was: Re[2]: [OM] OM Quality images)
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 00:45:45 EST

> > There must be a middle of the road way to get prints that are
> >  quality and price between competition/professional (ie $12-$20 each plus
> >  proof) grade and poor to useless (ie $12/roll).

> Sure.  Go for Wal-Mart processing, but invest in a digital film scanner,
Adobe
> Photoshop or Corel PhotoPAINT and a photo quality ink jet printer (or even a
> high end Epson 720/1440 dpi printer.  You (and/or your employees) WILL get
so
> good you can turn them out in no time flat - at the size YOU want, cropped
the
> way YOU want and with the color correction YOU want.  Plus you can shoot
> prints, slides, B&W negs, or B&W slides.  It doesn't matter.

That's good advice, but I would like to add a few caveats.

Gary and Dave and the many other great Olympians that have helped -again
thanks for the advice.

I will look into film/slide scanners (Perhaps  the Olympus one) and photo
quality printers.

My next print processing will go to Mystic in Conn. Many have mentioned this
and mailed me privately about it.

[By the way, careful purchasing of Sensia with mailers gets the cost of 36
fujichromes to just over $6 for both film and development at the Fuji lab. To
me It seems that $35 for velvia is a bit over the top!]

Cheers

Ken (very appreciative) M