Re: [OM] Just how extensive is the T- Series? (brought on by seeing my f

Subject: Re: [OM] Just how extensive is the T- Series? (brought on by seeing my first T-18)
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:14:47 +0100
Steven R wrote:

>Ok until today I knew about the F280 (not a T-Series, naturally), the T-45,
>T-32, T-28, T-20, T-10 and T-8 flashes (..)
>And now I've run across the T-18 (curtesy of ebay).  It doesn't
>look like a particularly desirable flash, but I'm basing this on a jpg that
was
>mailed to me.  (..)
>"Just how cheap/useful is the T-18?"

The T18 was intended for the OM-101 but can also be used with other bodies
providing TTL/OTF exposure if the body supports it. If not, you only have
manual (GN based) flash exposure. Allthough very limited in its output and
options, it is a nice flash to put in the bag "just in case", because of its
small size and weight. Besides the position and construction of the shoe
makes it less vulnerable than for instance the T20.

>So, as usual I find myself asking "Are there others?"
>specifically in the T-series, but I'm also curious about the other series
e.g. I
>know there are  F280 and S20 flashes. Are there more "F" and "S" series
flashes?

There's also the Quick Auto 310 that only makes sense when you're having an
OM-2 (not n). The S20 that is an option for the OM-2000 has nothing to do
with the OM System; its just a computer flash - no TTL/OTF.

>.  Is there some meaning to T, F, S?

The only thing I know is the F that indicates the FP (=Focal Plane)
synchronisation. S may stand for Small or for Sh*t,  and T probably means
once you get hooked to it all your money will disappear in T minus 45
minutes.