[OM] Lost in NM with new OM-4T and no lens

Subject: [OM] Lost in NM with new OM-4T and no lens
From: "gary edwards" <maitani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 07:46:31 PST
My employer doesn't send me to Germany... I'm spending the weekend of
the clock in Las Cruces, New Mexico.  I expected to be working all
weekend so I didn't bring anything but a Stylus zoom.  When the weekend
schedule was cancelled, I amused myself Christmas shopping in Cruces
until I happened upon the local camera shop.  This is a college town
(NMSU) so there still is a nicely stocked camera shop here, unlike most
small cities where the WalMarts have driven the small shops out of
business.

In the consignment case sat a lonely champagne -4T, marked down three
times, to less than half of what PvT gets for them (I ran down to
Kinko's to check the price on the Web).  Ran a quick test roll through
and walked next door to Walgreen's instant lab.  The little gal there
couldn't seem to grasp why I only wanted the film processed, with no
prints, and in such a hurry - the camera shop was cloing in 30 minutes.

Well, now I have a champagne -4T to keep my black one company.
Unfortunately, I didn't think when I charged the purchase to the credit
card my wife shares; won't keep this one a secret.  Oh, well, I'll
promise to sell some of the other bodies...

Anyway, here I am, time on my hands in beautiful southern New Mexico,
where the December sun is low so the light is even better than usual,
with a fine camera and I don't have a single lens.  The shop had only
consignment OM-mount lenses so couldn't loan me anything.

Gary Edwards

(on the road so I have to use my Hotmail account, normal address is
edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx)