Re: [OM] OM 3Ti - OM 4Ti - OM 4T question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 3Ti - OM 4Ti - OM 4T question
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 13:59:03 EST
 PCACala@xxxxxxx writes:
<< << Also, which camera would you personally prefer; the mechanical shutter
 version OM 3Ti or the electronic OM 4Ti? >> >>

Hi Gary & All,
Possibly the question this person should answer first is, 'Which mode do I
shoot ?  Auto or Manual.'
Some may remember I did a little Auto vs Manual survey here a few months ago
and was going to post the results.  But the results were overwhelming, (90%)
of the responders used Auto Mode 80 - 900f the time.  So I did not bother to
do a tally.
If this person uses Manual Mode, then I see absolutely no reason to purchase a
4Ti over the 3Ti.  As long as this person does not consider the $ difference
or 'value for the buck'.
On the other hand, If he/she uses Auto Mode then there is obviously only one
answer, the 4Ti.  Then they must put up with or learn to compensate for the
inaccuracy of the OTFP (off the film plane) vs OTF (off the film) exposure
discrepancies caused by some films reflectance.
Personally, I want no part of Auto Mode.  But, I learned on Manual and have no
problem staying with manual.
Just some food for thought.
Buddy Walters